Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What we had for Lunch


Soba Noodles, Veg and Sauce. I can pretty much make it in one pot (Kudos to Mark Bittman for the idea) and the babies love it. I can not make enough of it. 


When water comes to a boil in a large pot add frozen veg (such as peas), return to boil, add noodles, set timer for 6 mins. Make a  salty, sweet, sour dressing in a squirt bottle (soy sauce, mirin, lime juice).  With two minutes left add fresh veg (in this case carrot) finish cooking. Strain, (haven't found much of a need to rinse as there is less starch), plate. Add greens (pea shoots- Billie loves sprouts), drizzled with a bit of peanut oil and let babies squirt the dressing. 


The nice thing about this formula is the fact that I can mix it up and it is still a hit. If I wanted softer carrots I would have added them in earlier, had I thawed my peas I would have added them in later etc and so on. Hot, cold it doesn't matter babies love it. Elijah abandons all decorum and slurps his noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tomatoes and more: Find more recipes here!